Thats what my young'uns cried when I told them I was making fish tacos for dinner.
Yep! Fish tacos! I said.
They were scared....
Until they tried them!
Don't you be scared too!
They are YUMMY!
If all 5 of my young folk will inhale them,
they HAVE to be good!
They are NOT fishy.
They are mild, refreshing, and something new.
And, I'm gonna show ya how to make 'em!
Dana's Fish Tacos
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package taco seasoning mix, divided (or make your own!!)
- 1 lb cod, pollock, or other white fish fillet, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 (12 count) package flour tortillas or taco shells, warmed
- shredded cabbage
- lime juice
- pico de gallo
- taco sauce
- cilantro (if you like it)
- special sauce (recipe below)
(This is what makes them sooo good! Don't skimp on it!)
- In small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, and 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice.
- Combine fish, vegetable oil, lemon or lime juice, and remaining taco seasoning in medium bowl.
- Stir gently to coat well.
- Pour into large skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Fill taco shells with fish mixture.
- Top with toppings & plenty of Special Sauce.
Step out of your comfort zone!
Try something new!!
You'll be glad ya did!