Jul 26, 2012

The secret to Perfect Sweet Tea!


Sweet Tea...
 Just hearing those words make ya sigh a satisfied sigh...

I am a Southern Woman... 
Southern women love their Sweet Tea...
And... I have been told I make the BEST Sweet Tea in Texas!

I'm gonna let you in on my little secret.
Follow this simple recipe, and your life will be complete!
When I was in High School, I worked at a little Steak House in Texas City Texas called "Lone Star Steaks" 
The Lone Star was known for miles and miles around for two things....
They had this amazing Green Olive, Tomato, Vinegar & Oil  "House" salad dressing stuff.
(Oh Man!! How I wish I knew that recipe!!)
And... We made the Smoothest, Most Amazing, Last-Meal-Worthy, Sweet Tea in the South!

I'm not kidding!
The local police officers would stop by several times a shift to fill their thermos with what they called  "Nectar of the Gods".
People actually tried to bribe me for the secret to the Perfect Sweet Tea.


I never gave it up.
I never told.
I was a good employee.
Well, Guess what?!?
Love Star Steaks closed a few years ago!
So, I'm thinkin it's now ok to share the super-duper-secret recipe!!


There IS a small "secret" ingredient in this Tea.
It removes all bitterness and creates a smooth, clear amazing Tea!

Ready??
Here goes!

The complete recipe and more photos is posted on My cooking blog
Craving Comfort.
Click HERE to go directly to the recipe!
Enjoy!!
Pin It!

4 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

Aunty Pol said...

New reader Here

Sigh..I miss Lone Star Steaks too . I lived in Webster when I first moved back down here in 1982..Texas City was just a skip down the road..lol.

Waving from downtown Houston

AP/Jane

Anonymous said...

Where do you get a gallon size mason jar?

Anonymous said...

Stunning story there. What happened after? Good luck!

Feel free to surf to my web-site: Buy green coffee

opbest said...

I really enjoy your web’s topic. Very creative and friendly for users. Definitely bookmark this and follow it everyday.


Hurrah, that's what I was looking for, what a material!

Vist my page ::: 풀싸롱

(freaky)

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...