Nov 8, 2009

If I don't find the snooze button for my internal alarm clock, I may have to shoot someone.

Yes, I know we all turned our clocks back over a week ago.
Yes, I know that people often have a hard time adjusting to the time change.
Yes, I know it messes with lots of peoples sleep patterns.

But... I also know that MOST people get over it!!

Me? Not so much.
The Little-Foreman-in-Pink? Not so much!
Guss the Pug? Not so much.
The Man-of-My-Dreams and workers #1 - #4?...
Sleeping like babies!! the JERKS!, darlings.

Each and every morning I find myself laying in bed with my eyes wide open at 4 am.
I try rolling over and squeezing my eyes shut, to no avail. I simply cannot go back to sleep.

If I ever did manage to drift back off,it would be short-lived because the darling Little-Foreman-in-Pink would be in my room at 5am looking for breakfast, or asking how to turn on the TV, Or telling me she is alone and wants to talk to me.

This means that I am ready to go to bed around 7pm each night.
This does NOT go over well with the My-Sleep-Pattern-Is-Not-Messed-Up members of the house.

I've tried staying up late to reset my clock.
That doesn't do anything except make me MORE tired!
I've tried going to bed at 7pm hoping the rest of the house can survive bedtime rituals without me.
That just makes the following morning MUCH more chaotic when we are looking for missing backpacks and lost socks before school.

The Man-of-My-Dreams tried his best to do the bedtime thing....
But Dads don't do it right! Sorry, fellas.... you simply are NOT Mom!

The lack of sleep has made me a tad bitchy cranky.
The lack of sleep has made me deal with stress with very little Grace.

And this week has been a Stressy Ball of stress-covered Stress!

Between the Man-of-My-Dreams being laid off from a job who promised him they would NOT be laying him off -- some pretty serious Stupid-Teenage-Boy stunts -- Army recruiters -- legal documents -- Police officers -- Recovering from Surgery -- school meetings -- class reunions-- bills that demand to be paid -- broken heater thermostats -- Jr High Bullies -- First heart-breaks -- NO DIET COKE -- a Pug who refuses to remain house-broken -- and car wrecks.
-Not to mention my inability to control when and where I decide to randomly inject a Capitol Letter into my Post!

- I consider anyone and everyone who has come within my reach Lucky to be alive!


So, my wonderful readers friends.... Bear with me while my posting has become a Jumbled mass of few and far between bunch of rambling nonsense words , tad sporadic.
(boy! does that sporadic word look spelled wrong or what?!? I looked it up and everything! ok nevermind... I really DO need more sleep ya know!)

Know that I will be back to normal.... Someday.... Maybe..... When the time changes again at least!

Love,
The Crazy Woman,
formerly known as - Dana (the Homesteading Housewife)




Bookmark and Share


Subscribe in a reader


Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pin It!

4 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

dykewife said...

police?

i hope your sleep settles down into a more humane routine for you.

as for breakfast for your little foreman, dry cereal in a plastic bowl, milk in a small pourable plastic container, an apple or orange cut up, some ham slices, even omelet made the night before and cut up in the fridge takes care of her breakfast. that's what i'd do for boy. i'd also make sure i labelled it with his name (which is odd considering he's an only child)). he loved having his own breakfast available to him. he'd plug in a movie or watch cartoons and eat his breakfast that he'd "prepared" (pouring milk and squirting catsup is preparing after all) and leave us to lie in.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time. I know the feeling.
Hang in there. It will get better.

Marcy said...

I hear ya about the sleep thing. I hate Daylight Savings Time - or the lack thereof! By noon I'm ready for a nap... and if I don't get one, I'm ready for bed about 6:00 pm.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about all the commotion. I certainly understand most of it...being the parent of three teenagers... one of whom ran away last year and still isn't living at home. UGH. Enjoy your blog. Often thought about doing it myself...or writing a book about my adventures. More a how not to parent book. all the best.

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...