Oct 7, 2010

Fall Food!

Fall is officially here!
Fall means crunchy leaves,
Camp fires,
Cool air,
and soup...
Yep I said Soup!

This Taco soup is one lf my favorite of all times!
No one needs to know how easy it is!


Mom’s Taco Soup.
1lb lean ground beef.
1 chopped onion
1 chopped bell pepper
1, 28oz can tomatoes (un-drained)
1 can Rotel brand tomatoes & green chilies (optional)
1-2 packages Taco seasoning
1 package Ranch Dressing Mix
½ cup picante sauce
1, 6oz. Can tomato paste
2, 17oz cans corn (un-drained)
2, 15-16oz cans pinto beans
2 cups water
Salt & pepper to taste

Shredded cheese (I use cheddar)
Sour Cream
Tortilla chips.

Brown ground beef, onion & pepper, Drain.
Cut up tomatoes if using whole (I use diced) add tomatoes, with their juice, to the pot.
Add taco mix, ranch mix, picante sauce, tomato sauce, corn, beans, water, salt & pepper.

Simmer 1 hour.
Makes a large pot (approx 12 servings)

Serve in bowls, top with a lollop of sour cream, sprinkle with chips and shredded cheese.

Yummmmmm!!
This can also be made in the crock pot…. Easy Peasy!
Pin It!

1 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

Joanna said...

That sounds fantastic. I'm definitely going to be making this. Probably this weekend. It also sounds like a perfect dish to bring to a high school football game in a nice warm thermos.

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...