EEEEEK! How in the world did THAT happen?
We are having his birthday dinner tonight.
In our family, the birthday boy or girl gets to choose the menu.
I thought I would share My Favorite 16 yr old boy's Favorite meal with you!
First, he asked for...
Cajun Fettuccine Alfredo (I posted that recipe today on Craving Comfort) You can find the complete recipe and pictures by clicking the link below.
Cajun Fettuccine Alfredo
For dessert, He always requests My famous Pineapple Upside-Down Cake.
I've posted the recipe below....
I remember my mom making Pineapple Up-Side down Cake.
I loved it!
I loved the super-sweet and moist topping with it's embedded fruit.
I loved the tender cake.
I loved everything about it!
I have tried many recipes for this classic cake.
None were as perfect as this one.
I kinda feel bad,because it's so easy and it starts with a boxed cake mix!
I bet you'll agree, It's the Best I've ever had...
And by far, the easiest!
Best Pineapple Up-Side Down Cake.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple
- 6-8 maraschino cherries, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (18 ounce) package Duncan Hines Supreme pineapple cake mix
- 1 (5 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup pineapple juice (use the juice from the canned pineapple w/ a little water added)
- 1/2 cup canola or veg oil
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour butter in a 9x13 pan .
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter in pan.
- Drain canned pineapple into a measuring cup.
- Place pineapple slices evenly in pan, covering the bottom of pan.
- Place the maraschino cherry halves in the center of the pineapple slices, cut side up.
- Combine the rest of ingredients in a large mixing bowl on slow speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes , run a knife around the edges of the cake, and turn cake out onto a serving platter, pineapple side up.