Nov 8, 2007

Souper-Creamy, Souper-Yummy, Broccoli Cheese Soup

If it's your birthday at our house, you get to choose anything in the world to eat for your Birthday Dinner.

And Today is Bryan (aka worker #3) 's 12th birthday! His special request is My Famous Broccoli-Cheese Soup, In home-made bread bowls, a salad from the Olive Garden, and a Banana-Split-Ice cream-Cake.

Of course he couldnt pick something easy (like worker #2 did this year... he wanted nothing but a BIG bowl of mashed potatoes!)

No, Not Bryan.... Not knowing his procrastinating mother also has to finish his quilt, clean house, get ready for the whole family to come over etc etc etc..... Nooooo it's gotta be the whole Sha-Bang!

No Problem worker #3.... I am up to the task! I am MOM I can do all things!!
(HA!! Yeah right.. at least that SOUNDED convincing didn't it? )

And yet, I find myself sitting here at my computer typing.... ( I just HAVE to push it don't I?)

Souper-Creamy Souper-Yummy
Broccoli Cheese Soup

1 1/2 lbs Fresh Broccoli (cut into bite sized pieces)
2 Cups Water (can use chicken stock)
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
1/2 Cup cornstarch Mixed with 1 Cup Cold Water.
1 Pint Half & Half
1 lb Velveeta cheese, Cubed (yes, I know.. its evil, it's processed, it's un-naturally yellow, It has a shelf-life longer than Twinkies, But it works the best)

Steam Broccoli Till Tender-crisp

Place half-and-half and water in a double boiler. (If you don't have a double broiler, you can use a large metal bowl sitting on top of a large pot of simmering water, This stuff burns and sticks very VERY easily... I wouldnt risk cooking it straight in a pot over heat. Been there, burned that!)

Add cheese, salt and pepper.

Heat until cheese is melted.

Add broccoli.

Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl. Stir into cheese/broccoli ,mixture in double boiler and heat over simmering water until soup thickens.

Serve with a crusty bread and a salad... PERFECTION!!!
Pin It!

1 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

Anonymous said...

Dana!! I made this tonight and it is WONDERFUL! Thank you for posting it. WE WANT MORE RECIPES!!!

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...