Jan 19, 2008

SPRING is coming!!!!!

Seed catalogs are starting to arrive in the mail!!
I just love it when the seed catalogs start to come in the mail!

I spend hours and hours looking through the pages.
Drooling with the thought and the possibilities.

Planning my perfect garden that will be weed free, and produce enough fresh nutritious, wholesome, food for my family.
Not only enough food for us to eat all the fresh veggies all summer that we could ever want, but enough to can/freeze/put up for the rest of the year!

Ohhh the dreams....
Ohhh the possibilities.

I make lists....
I get out the graph paper to plot out my garden.
I position the plants (well really color coded dots on the graph paper) according to heights and sun requirements.
I figure out which veggies help feed other veggies (carrots love tomatoes).
I start to plan what kind of pretty ornate things I can gather for my pole beans and cukes to climb.

I plan the perfect garden.
I plan a beautiful garden.
A garden that will make my neighbors stop in awe as they pass by.

I do this every year.
It's a wonderful time of year!!

I just love it when the seed catalogs come!!

now....
can anybody tell me how to actually follow through with my grand plans?
In reality...
I plant this "perfect garden"
then Life happens.....
I don't weed as often as I should.
I don't pick the stink bugs off of everything like I should.
The cow gets out of her pen and visits.
and my beautiful garden (on paper) becomes a thing of shame.
My mother in law comes over to glean some green beans and peppers and leaves in disgust, unsure of how her son managed to find a woman who can kill zucchini.

I have books & books on perfect gardening.
I read em all.
But somehow never quite get it right.

But the seed catalogs are here!!
This brings new hope!
This brings new dreams!
More pages of perfectly drawn out plans!
This brings new dreams!

Things are perfect!!........ for now.
Pin It!

2 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

Claire said...

Hey, you're doing better than I am! I dream, and dream, and dream, and dream, and dream, and...it never even gets as far as a planned out map. I'm just not very out-doorsy, I'm afraid. I don't even know where to start.

Dana Clover said...

I'll make you a deal....
You can dream...
I'll plant....
then I can dream ....
and YOU weed!!..
sound like a plan??

thanks for the comment!! comments make me jump for joy!

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...