What do you serve when it's chilly outside?
Chili of course!
This is my favorite chili recipe.
Don't let the rather long list of ingredients scare ya.
It's worth it!!
Make plenty.. it's even better the next day!
Dana's It's Chilly Outside Chili.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb lean stew meat, small cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 cup water OR 1 can dark beer
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 can beef broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 - 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans (undrained)
- 2 - 4 chili peppers, chopped (I use Anaheim peppers)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, crackers - toppings of your choice.
- Heat oil.
- Cook onions, garlic and meat until brown.
- Add tomatoes, beer, coffee, tomato paste and beef broth.
- Add spices Stir in kidney beans and peppers.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, crackers, or whatever floats your boat.