Dec 27, 2008

Creamsicle in a Glass (Orange Julius copy-cat)

I told you about my Humong-o Blender I got for Christmas?
Well.. I have been putting it to work! With Wonderful results!!

Remember going to the mall as a kid and getting those wonderful Drinks from Orange Julius?
I would go home and mix Orange Juice with Milk and sugar trying to get the same taste.
It never ever worked!
I would end up with curdled milk-chunks in Orange Juice....
ummm YUCK!
I have finally figured out the secret to the perfect copy-cat version you can make at home!!

Creamsicle in a Glass
Orange Julius (Copy cat)

Ingredients
Directions
  1. Add all ingredients to a blender.
  2. Blend until there are no more ice chunks.
  3. Serve over ice.
  4. ENJOY!!
Makes 2 large glasses

**TIPS**
Do NOT substitute milk for the creamer... the acid in the OJ will curdle the milk.. yuck!


Photobucket
Pin It!

12 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

Tatersmama said...

OMG...I think I love you!
I've been trying to make my own Orange Julius for years, and there's nothing worse than yucky milky curds you have to chew. *urp*
I want one right NOW!

I wonder if it would freeze well, and turn into a sort-of creamsicle?
I can make Orange Julius now (thanks to you...wooo hoooo !) but there's nothin' like Creamsicle's in this stinkin' country.

Anonymous said...

ohhh yum! i've tried several copycat recipes that did not come out anything like the orange julius i love! can't wait to try this one else...don't really feel like driving an hour each time just to get one! :)

Maggie said...

I loved Orange Juliuses as a kid but had the same experience making them at home (curdling, ew). I came up with a recipe for my son using powdered soy milk that works ok but isn't' as close to the original as I'd like. I have to try your recipe with my soy milk powder to see how it'll come out.

Lori said...

I dont know if you have heard of this but Orange Julius's actually have an egg white in them. I was shocked when I heard that.

Your creamsicle sounds amazing. I would love a glass of it with a bif bowl of popcorn.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Tatersmama said. ;) Mmmmmm...I miss having my Orange Juliuses (because we don't have one at the one and only mall in our town).

Anonymous said...

I used to work at an Orange Julius and this is probably very close to our recipe, as we added some orange julius brand powder to the blender (which looked very close to nondairy creamer). Also, there are no longer raw eggs added, but that didn't stop customers from requesting them! I hope this works out for you, the picture looks delish!

Anonymous said...

seems like years ago i was experimenting with powdered egg protein (from the health section of the grocery store, with the whey proteins and soy proteins) and was amazed by how much the egg protein gave things that "orange julius" flavour. you might want to try adding a little of this, if you're still experimenting.

also, jamba juice (is this a national chain?) has an "orange dream machine" drink which seems to come pretty close to an orange julius. they use oj, soy milk, orange sherbert, yogurt and ice.

Laurie said...

Oh Yum! I'm going to try your recipe! I have a recipe that I think tastse really close to Orange Julius but I like the idea of having the soda in it! Here's mine if ya wanna give it a try:
6oz frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 ice cubes
Blend together and enjoy!

Brilynn said...

I used to love getting an Orange Julius at the mall, I haven't had one in ages though, I'll definitely have to give this a try!

My Trendy Tykes said...

YUM!!!!

I am going to try this one for sure.

Linda

Anonymous said...

This sounds interesting. I love creamsicles! And my fave drink at Jamba Juice? The orange dream machine. YUMM. But, like, eight million calories per sip. I will have to try this.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

YAY! It has truly been years since I've had an orange julius. I'm definitely going to have to make this right away-thanks so much for posting!

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...