I could go on and on, because I love pie!
In fact, I think we should eat pie every day!
What kind of mother would I be if I served pie every night for dinner?
Well... if it's this pie, I'd say a pretty darn great one!
Dana's Spaghetti Pie
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 cup cottage cheese (or Ricotta)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package, Drain, set aside in a bowl.
- Add margarine, Parmesan cheese and eggs to the pasta.
- Mix well.
- Press noodle mixture into the bottom of a greased 10 inch pie pan.
- Spread cottage cheese over spaghetti.
- Brown ground beef; add onion, garlic, green peppers. Drain off excess fat.
- Add diced tomatoes, paste, sugar, spices to the meat mixture.
- Stir to combine and heat thoroughly.
- Spread meat sauce over spaghetti and cottage cheese.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
- Slice and Enjoy!
I've tweaked it to our liking.. feel free to do the same to suit your taste!