- It started when she walked into the door frame on her way out of her bedroom.
- It continued when she spilled her bowl of Captain Crunch cereal all over the floor.
- Then Gus the Pug Puppy scratched her on the cheek.
- And the afternoon ended with a minor surgical procedure to remove a 2 & 1/2 inch long chunk of wood out of the bottom of her tender foot.
One thing that I have noticed with 5 children is the healing power of a mother's kiss.
The bump on the head, *kiss* all better.
The tears over spilled milk, *kiss* all is well.
But there is something even MORE powerful for my youngest two.
A single adhesive bandage!
- A scratch? No problem, stick a bandage on it and the tears instantly dry.
- A scrape? Bandage it up and it magically transforms from a life-threatening wound to a really cool battle badge of honor!
One minute they are writhing around in pain from an ear infection.
Stick a bandage across the ear... and *Poof* the throbbing stops!
I have tried to use this bandage obsession to my advantage.
But... I've slapped them on upset tummies, to no avail.
I've tried placing a bandage on the forehead to ease a headache, didn't work.
Just as I was learning to accept the fact that the magical power of the bandage was wearing thin, I found the (oopdoo)hug!
The (oopdoo)hug is an incredibly genius invention "inspired by a child's belief in the healing power of a bandage..."
Basically, it's a very schmooshy, blanket-soft, fleece blanket that looks just like an adhesive bandage!
That alone is a super-cool idea.
But what takes it over the top is the white square in the middle.
It's a pocket!
Perfect for an ice pack, heating pad, water bottle, coloring book, etc. etc. etc.
This makes it a bandage that really CAN help those tummy aches! And other boo boos that can't benefit from a "real" bandage.
The (oopdoo)hug comes in several colors and prints.
I got the "brown sugar" (oopdoo)hug, because it looks more like a traditional bandage.
You want one! I know you do!
OK... I'm gonna give you the chance to win one of your very own!
TIMES UP!! check above for the announcement of the winner!
- Go to the (oopdoo)hug web site. Click HERE
- Choose which color/style (oopdoo)hug your child would love most.
- Leave me a comment here telling me which (oopdoo)hug you want to win. (please be sure you include your e-mail address or something so I can contact you!)
- Monday April 6th, at 5pm CST a random winner will be chosen and posted.