Aug 10, 2009

You'd think I'd be better at this by now.

Today was one of the days I've been waiting for.
The Little-Foreman-in-Pink officially registered for Kindergarten.

This means that in two short weeks, I'll get the opportunity to sit in the bathroom without anyone knocking on the door and looking for me.
I'll get to have more than a three minute phone conversation without being interrupted.
I'll get to finish a cup of coffee with chocolate creamer without having to share "just a little sip" with anyone.
No Dora the Explorer.
No Tinkerbell.
No Veggie Tales music playing in the background.

I'll be alone!
It'll be quiet!
It'll be amazing!!

We went to the school to do her paperwork.
I was ready.
I was excited!
I was prepared!
I had her shot records, birth certificate, proof of residency, my ID...
everything we needed to turn her into a real BIG GIRL who goes to school.

Everyone has been asking me...
"How are YOU going to handle your baby going to school?"
I, of course, said I would be fine and I was more than ready!

Until....
I asked when we would find out if she has morning classes or afternoon classes.
(the boys always had half-day Kindergarten)

"Oh, we don't do half day anymore... They go all day, just like the bigger kids."

With that... I burst into tears.

I'm almost certain I saw her note the file that I was gonna be one of "those" mothers...
You know, the problem ones?
The amateurs who have never done this before?..

...Um.... Yeah.... thats me.





Bookmark and Share


Subscribe in a reader


Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pin It!

4 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

Katy said...

I cheated....I homeschool so then I can have them home with me...sure there's less alone time for me...but they grow too fast, don't they? I want to be with them...good and bad! ;)

Virginia said...

I cried when I let him go to preschool. I cried when he started "real" kindergarten. I cried again with first grade. Then when he hit Junior High with all that Junior High angst and we started homeschooling and he drove me nuts some mornings, I cried again when the school bus drove by the house every morning and I could not put him on it;> What can I say, I'm just a hormonal female!

Country Cookin' Mama said...

Wow, thats a long day for a little one that has never been to school before! My kids don't go to preschool, so I'm hoping that they only do half days for kindergarten out here. Mine goes next year. scary!!!

Sab said...

wow... a whole day for kindergarten... sounds a bit long. Woah.

I'm glad we still have half days... I think...

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...