Sep 9, 2009

Here We Go Again....

This is Worker #2.
He is the strong silent one.
He is the athlete.
He is the brooder.
He is the fighter.
His life-long goal is to join the military.

He tries his best to dress monochromatic.
And his one color of choice??
GREEN!!
He has green shoes, green pants, green shirts, green hats, green Green GREEN!

He is the daredevil.
If it has a motor, he'll make it go faster.
If it has wheels, he will try to make them leave the ground.
If it's throw-able, he'll launch it further.
If it's heavy, he'll carry it twice as far.
If you tell him he can't do it... He'll do it three times!

He is bull-headed (just like his dad).
He is a tough-guy.

Those are the things you notice first about him.

But....

Just under the surface....

He is tender-hearted.
He is an amazing big brother.
He is a fierce defender of those he loves.
He is a goof-ball.

He will gently comfort an ill baby kitten,
Then hit you so hard on the football field that your Momma feels it!

I didn't give birth to this son of mine.
But believe me when I tell ya, the labor was just as memorable, and just as worth it!
He drives me crazy.
He can make my blood boil.
He makes me proud.
Today he makes me shed a tear,
because he's getting so close to being grown and gone.



Bookmark and Share


Subscribe in a reader


Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pin It!

5 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

JoAnn said...

What an amazing tribute to your son!

I can almost picture myself writing that 7 years from now (mine is 11 yrs old). He had a lot of the same traits.

JoAnn said...

oops - I meant to say HAS a lot of the same traits. He's still with us :)

Captain Hook and Lady Crochet said...

He is a cutie!...They say genusis' like green...hmmm...

ConnieFoggles said...

What a beautiful tribute to your son. He sounds like he's going to keep making you proud.

Katidids said...

Isn't it wonderful to see the man they will become slowly emerge! Sound like you have reason to be proud

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...