Dec 5, 2009

Someday I'll learn not to brag.

Just the other day I was talking to one of my online friends.
She lives in the frozen north.
She was complaining about her short growing season and her other cold weather gardening issues.

Being the great friend that I am, I, of course, had to send her some pictures of the beautiful blooming roses that I had in my garden.

Well... I guess I managed to anger her, and I guess she has a stronger bond with Mother Nature than I gave her credit for....

Because today, I took these pictures of the same roses.

Covered in....
SNOW!

We don't get snow here.
We don't get hard freezes here.
We don't like goosebumps.
We don't like frostbite.
We don't own windshield ice scrapers.
We don't own snow shovels.

And yet.. this is what my homestead had all day yesterday!

The up-side of the sudden and shockingly cold snap?

Homemade Hot Cocoa,
Homemade chili,
Camp fires,
snow men,
and...
Maybe...
just maybe....

this ice and snow will kill off some of the skeeters.

I will have to learn how to keep my big mouth (and camera) shut from now on!



Bookmark and Share


Subscribe in a reader


Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pin It!

2 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

Rachelle S said...

Oooh, if I brag about our San Diego sunshine, I wonder if we'll get snow too. haha

Love it!

Not So Average Mama said...

Beautiful shots! I was shocked the other morning to wake up to snow here in Dallas. We never get snow in December!

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...