Apr 15, 2010

Old-Fashioned Fried Cabbage!

Growing up in the North, we didn't make fried Cabbage.
We just didn't make it.
So, I was not too interested when I first heard about it..
I mean, They fry EVERYTHING here.

When I moved to the south, I was introduced to "Chicken-Fried Steak".
Chicken-fried what!?!?!?I was mortified!
Why would anyone take a perfectly good steak, batter it, then fry it?
UGH!

I now understand the beauty of the chicken-fried steak and it's one of the most requested dishes on the farm...
But, thats another recipe, for another day.

Today, it's Fried Cabbage!

The complete recipe and a crazy amount of pictures can be found HERE
Pin It!

1 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

Mary Lutz said...

I've never had fried cabbage, but I absolutely LOVE Chicken Fried Steak!!!! I grew up in New Mexico, not the South, but the Southwest, but they still know what chicken fried steak is. Maybe I first had it in Texas...we lived there too, a couple of times. I don't know, does it matter? LOL Anyway I just wanted to say I'm a chicken fried steak fan :}

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...