Jun 19, 2010

One of the BEST Salads in the World, EVER!

It's summer!!
We can't forget this one!

I love a good salad!
Whenever I get a chance to visit my mother and sister in Houston, we go to a great salad bar restaurant called Sweet Tomato.

They have everything you could ever dream of putting on a salad!
But they also have some prepared salads.
This one is my favorite of all time!
Even the kids love it!
There is the crunch of the broccoli, combined with sweetness from the dressing and plump raisins....
Combined with cashews and some crumbled bacon.

I do not usually enjoy raw broccoli, but I can eat this salad by the feedbag full!

Dana's Best Broccoli Salad In The World EVER!
(inspired by Sweet Tomato)

Salad
  • 3-4 heads worth of broccoli florets , cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 medium red onion, diced finely
  • 3/4 cup salted cashew halves, broken
  • 3/4 cup raisins
  • 6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked & crumbled
Dressing
  • 1 cup mayonnaise (or 1/2 cup mayo & 1/2 cup plain yogurt)
  • 5 Tablespoons vinegar (I like salad vinegar)
  • 3 Tablespoons sugar
  • Dash of freshly ground black pepper
Directions -
  1. Combine all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
  3. Pour dressing over salad, mix to coat.
  4. Refrigerate for a few hours to develop flavors. It's best when made the day before!
  5. Enjoy!!
**TIP** Kimmie emailed a wonderful suggestion for those unable to eat nuts.
Substitute water chestnuts for the cashews! YUMMM!
Thanks, Kimmie!!


Photobucket
Pin It!

1 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

Rachelle S said...

oh my gosh! I saw the pic of thise and thought of their salad (Souplantation here), I had some of it when we were there the other week (we never go there). I really did like it (their won ton salad too).

Thanks for posting it!

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...