Jul 7, 2010

"Chill"


Ok, so the Man-of-My-Dreams is back home from Kazakhstan for 26 days...
Every time he comes home, I end up writing a post that starts something like this...
  • Yes, I'm still alive...
  • I know, I'm a terrible blogger...
  • Sorry it's been so long, but...
Do we notice a trend here?
I would think that after a month of working 12 hour days 7 days a week, he would be tired, he would want to rest, he would want to stay home and chill.

The problem with that is that the Man-of-My-Dreams does NOT know the meaning of the word "chill"
"Chilling" to him means "Work" and "Running" to you and me.

In the 5 days that he has been back on Texas soil we have...
  • Totally mowed, weed-eated, and raked the property.
  • Moved, washed, vacuumed & sealed the travel trailer.
  • Removed, repaired, and replaced an a/c unit.
  • Driven to Lake Livingston to scout out vacation spots.
  • Visited family.
  • Attended a party and caught up with old High School friends.
  • Taken the boat to be repaired.
  • Gone fishing at the river.
  • Gone out for Fajitas.
  • Gone out for Burgers.
  • Cleaned out the Mud/Laundry room.
  • Cleaned the carport.
  • Took down the fence around a big dog pen.
  • Pruned the Catalpa Trees lining the driveway.
  • Fixed the gray water line under the house.
  • Shuttled kids back and forth to various family members houses.
  • Hauled fallen tree-limbs to the woods.
  • Cleaned the BBQ grills.
Whew! I'm tired just typing that list!
So... don't get mad when I don't post daily when he is here..
But you could say a little prayer for me...
Please?
Cause I'm not sure I'll make it through another three weeks of his "Chilling".
Pin It!

3 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

Amy Dingmann said...

Well...I hope for your sake, he can "chill out" on the "chillin'". Otherwise you'll have to wait until he's gone to chill. And that would be pretty chilly. ;0

The Apple Pie Gal said...

I vote that you slip him something in his lemonade...maybe that chill pill would actually work!

Anonymous said...

Better yet, make sure he catch you in some sexy lingerie

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...