Mar 21, 2012

Tater-Tot Casserole (my #2 most popular Recipe!)

Sometimes you just need the extreme comfort of a good, easy to throw together, casserole.
This one fits the bill!
It's super-easy to make.
And even easier to eat!

I have never found a man who didn't inhale this dish!

Tater-Tot Casserole
SERVES 4

  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery or cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
  • 1 16oz package frozen tater tots
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt & pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Brown ground beef. season with salt & pepper.
  3. Add chopped onion, cook until tender.
  4. In a casserole dish, combine ground beef mixture & cream soup.
  5. Top mixture with tater tots.
  6. Bake , uncovered, for 30-40 minutes till bubbly and Tots are golden brown.
  7. remove from oven & top with cheese, return to oven until melted.
  8. Enjoy!
TIPS -
This casserole freezes great!
Just put it together then freeze until ready to bake. (adjust cooking times accordingly)

I always double or triple this one!
 It re-heats beautifully!

Pin It!

3 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

Anonymous said...

I made this the other night for my family! We loved it from the first bite. We will be adding this to our regulars. Perfect comfort food and really easy which is good since we are both teachers! Thank you so much for sharing!

Lacey S said...

I've been making this recipe for several years and my entire family LOVES it. The first time I prepared it I thought it look awful, but man, it tastes sooo yummy. It is definitely in my Top 5 of Comfort foods!

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Oh my, that looks so delicious. I think we may have that for dinner tonight. YUM!
Thanks.

http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...