Jun 28, 2008

Liquid Gold

There are few things I miss about living in the freezing cold northern states like I miss real fresh Maple Syrup.

It is very hard to find down here.
Once you taste the real thing you won't ever want to go back to the over sweet, fake stuff.
I mean look at the ingredients in the worlds most popular "fake" "maple" syrup.

Aunt Jemima Original Syrup®
INGREDIENTS: CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, WATER, CELLULOSE GUM, CARAMEL COLOR, SALT, SODIUM BENZOATE AND SORBIC ACID (PRESERVATIVES), ARTIFICIAL AND NATURAL FLAVORS, SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE.

Ummm YUCK! there isn't even one speck of real maple syrup in the stuff!
Real maple syrup is just that.... 100% syrup from maple trees.
Good yummy natural Liquid Gold!

Personally, I think our families get enough high fructose corn syrup and artificial junk in our diets as it is.

Real maple syrup does take a little getting used to if you have only had the fake stuff.
It is not quite as thick as the fake stuff.
Real maple syrup has taste! LOTS and lots of taste!

Ounce for ounce it is more expensive than the nasty fake stuff.

BUT keep in mind that it is so rich and flavorful that you will use much MUCH less per serving.

And I tell ya.... it's like comparing a fine perfume to a gas-station imitation aerosol spray!

There is just NO comparison!

Would I put fake syrup on these babies?
I don't THINK so!! I am soo lucky to have found a source of fresh REAL maple syrup.
For two years now I have enjoyed 100% real Michigan Maple Syrup right here in Texas!!
I am lucky enough to have an online friend who will bottle and ship it anywhere!!
whoo hooo!!!


I contacted him and asked permission to share his information with my readers so you too can enjoy this wonderful treat.


Feel free to contact Max & his wife. They make the maple syrup from their own trees on their own land and there is none better!

And there are no people better to do business with!


Give Max a call or shoot him and e-mail and he'll let you know prices and shipping costs to your front door!


Buy some!
You won't be sorry!!!


Just tell him Dana sent ya!
His phone number (at his tool sharpening business) =
231-941-8003
hours of operation are 7am to 5 pm mon-fri.


Enjoy!!!! and let me know what you think!
Pin It!

2 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Those pancakes look so yummy and I am so hungry! I too love the real maple syrup. I just can't afford to buy it here. Granted, I'm closer to the source than Texas is, but.....
When I was really little, about 3 or so, I remember going with my parents to my grandparents' house. When we drove past the woods, there was always a fire going down there. Grandpa was there tapping the trees and making syrup. My grandmother kept it in the basement in gallon jars. Wonderful. Strangely enough, that is the only memory I have of my grandfather. I don't remember ever seeing him. He died when I was 4.
Lisa

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Have you seen the movie, CORN KING? No, it isn't a scary movie...well, I guess it COULD be...It is a documentary about two college guys who plant an acre of corn and then try to follow it to all the place corn products are sent.....it surely opens your eyes about the way the government is abusing our natural foods for the mighty dollar....Thanks for the Maple Syrup in info....

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...