I love to cook all things.
But for some reason I have always been kinda intimidated by fish.
I've always heard how tricky it is.
Easy to over-cook
Easy to dry out.
Easy to mess up!
Well... Not this fish!
I promise, it'll be a winner every darn time!
All of my kids love it!
My spoiled-rotten sister came over last night for dinner.
She was skeptical, because she is not very fond of fish.
She is a food snob!
Guess what! She loved it! Ha!
Try it! You'll be glad you did!
Dana's Parmesan Crusted Tilapia.
- 2 lbs Tilapia fillets (Orange Roughy, Cod or Snapper works great too!)
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon (or a dash) seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay fish fillets in a buttered baking dish or baking sheet , in one layer. ( do not stack)
- Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice.
- In bowl combine cheese, butter, mayonnaise, 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice, onions and seasonings.
- Stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Bake fish in preheated oven 10 to 20 minutes or until fish just starts to flake, remove from oven.
- Spread cheese mixture over fish, coating each evenly.
- return to oven, bake until golden.
**Tips** Baking time will depend on the thickness of the fish you use.
Watch fish closely so that it does not overcook.
Note: This fish can also be made in a broiler.
Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until almost done.
Add cheese and broil another 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.