So, We decided to Make Our Own!
This is how to do it for those of you who are also pond-less and want to know how its done.
1. Pick a place and hire some guy your brother-in-law knows who has a big track-ho thingie to dig it. (We chose to put ours in the back pasture.)
As always, you can click on any of the pictures for a super-size view.
2. Let it rain!!!! (a sub-pump from the creek helps too!) to fill it with some water.
3. after you have some water in your new pond, go ahead and toss in a couple hundred minnows and maybe a few kids. (the kids really do nothing for the pond, we chose ours for their aesthetic qualities)
4. Put on your fashionable fishing shoes.
(You might want to put yours on the RIGHT feet!)
5. Get some worms, minnows, or shrimp for bait. (a cute little foreman-in-pink to do the dirty work is nice too.)(in someone else's pond of course!)
8. Sit and wait for one of those fish to bite.
9. Try NOT to get too discouraged when the first fish you catch is too small to keep.