Apr 10, 2008

Hi Ho.. Hi Ho.. it's off to court I go !

Well isn't this great.

Remember my pond that I had dug in our back pasture?

Then remember the Dirt Mountain that the man left when he abandoned our work site? This dirt mountain is great fun for the kids, but it left our back pasture almost unusable. The cows cant graze through 7 feet of heavy clay. The mountain blocks the natural run off path for rain water.. so whatever is not covered with heavy clay, is under water.

Well.....
It seems the guy who dug the pond is now suing me for full payment!!
Full payment for half of a job! Crazy
And the estimates that I have gotten from other people to finish his job is gonna cost me more than it would have cost for the whole sha-bang to start with!
geeeezzzz

I am ready.....
I have letters from neighbors....
I have pictures....
I have two estimates for the work thats left...
I know that I am in the right....
But this is new territory for me....

Send me warm fuzzies today ok?
I'm getting kinda nervous.

cue the L.A Law music now....
I'll let ya know how it turns out.
Pin It!

4 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I hope everything works out.
Joann

Lisa B. said...

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.
Had it been me, I would have countersued for the money you already paid him since finishing the job will take more now thanks to his bad work.

Dana Clover said...

Note to All.....
Never ever EVER allow someone to do work on your property without a written DETAILED contract...
no matter how good of a friend he is with your bro-in-law....
No matter how nice he seems.....
No matter how simple you think the transaction will be....

he will come to court and lie his pants off, get a judgement against you (only half of what he was seeking, thats what the judge thought would be fair... meet in the middle)

and you will be stuck paying $50 a month forever to the jerk.

Rhea said...

Oh, no, I'm so sorry you have to pay the jerk anything. I'm married to a lawyer, so I know how that darn written contract thing can go. So sorry you got screwed!

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...