Jul 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Tonight is the night!!
Tonight is the Bonfire Championship of the World!!
No hanging my head in shame because my neighbor won last year! (although I have heard she plans to burn another couch this year grrrr)
It's ok.. she made the fatal mistake of taunting Worker #2 about how they were gonna kick our behinds.
HA! this only made him go out and cut down something like 50 china-berry trees in the front pasture!
And I may have mentioned to my ex hubby B, that if he wanted to stay and eat he would have to bring burnable stuff to add to the fire... we shall see.

The menu has changed a little bit for our cook-out.
Today I'm making....

Chopped Steak with melted cheese
Smoked green onion sausage
Smoked corn on the cob
Homemade Baked Beans
Three bean salad
Grilled garlic bread
Strawberry Lemon-aid (with or without Vodka)
Blueberry Iced Tea
Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream
S'mores (over the fire)

My mouth is watering already!

Oh! do you see the pink box to the right of this box? The one labeled "My Twitters"?
Well now you can follow me on Twitter. it's a blast check it out! I'll be updating it throughout the day, so you can come to our party without actually coming to our party... (this may be a good thing.. you get to miss the flash burns from the fire and the yelling from the fire department if things don't go quite as planned!)
I have no idea why you might want to follow my days... But Hey.. I may just have to get a life now!

I'll be back.. have a wonderful 4th of July!!

UPDATE!! @10:18pm
We ARE the CHAMPIONS!!!!
We won!!
even with their cheating furniture burning!
They had the width.. but we beat em in height by a mile!!!

will post pics tomorrow after our fishing trip to the lake.

Have a great night y'all!
Pin It!

4 amazing comments. Talk To Me!!:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

TAKE PICTURES....I want to see the fire...and the look on your neighbor's face when you kick her butt....ba haaaaaa...Have a great 4th!

Dana Clover said...

Oh you BET I'll take pictures!!! lots and LOTS of pictures....

Rednecks and a fire.. together?? with some beverages?? it's a winning combination!! There must be pictures!! lol

Dana Clover said...

very worried bout the bonfire competition,,,, just saw the neighbors drive by with a couch & bed& chair! cheaters!!!!! not cool!!

Dana Clover said...

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!
Will post pics after we get home from the lake tomorrow.
Ugh.. leaving at 6am maybe fish for dinner! Keep your fingers crossed! Have a great night!

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments!
Comments make me dance a little jig.
And that makes my children run and hide in shame.

Never Miss a Post

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...